06 February 2007

Introducing… The Amazing Chickie…

The vintage red bow tie that Accountant sported as a child and that is as old as I am, has made a comeback and been handed down to the next generation. I realise it clashes with his shirt but his tux was at the dry cleaners. “Mummy, pick a card, any card”.


As an act of kindness, I removed it to go to “Amazon Adventures” as I didn’t want the other tots ridiculing my Mini Magic Man. It was Chick’s first visit and I was keen to check out his reaction to another potential entertainment refuge.


Chickie loves ball pits and from the look on his face, what confronted him on arrival had featured heavily in his baby dreams. A ball pit the size of our living room.


He was less impressed with the helter skelter slide and proved a reluctant companion as I edged us into the dark scary pipe. At one point, we grounded to a halt and I had visions of the fire brigade being called to free the screaming mummy/baby combo wedged in the tube. My fears were short lived as we rapidly accelerated and shot out the end like a torpedo. Luckily Six-Pack Simmie was on hand to comfort a shocked and then sobbing Chickie.



No comments: