09 February 2007

Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum, Who's Bought Something New To Wipe Their Bum?

Chickie met his first Editor today as we were summoned for elevensies at the offices of the local paper. We also met Chris, who uploads my blog to their website each day and who I enjoy pestering on a regular basis. He spent a very long time making my ‘special’ cup of tea which I’m hoping was just because he was following the “Golden Rules of Good Tea Making” that I’d emailed to him yesterday in readiness for my visit. I did feel ever so slightly guilty that he’d made a special trip to the supermarket to get the Ceylon teabags I’d requested. I didn’t think he’d take me seriously, no one normally does. That said, the cuppa was perfection and hopefully he now understands the importance of the ‘3 minute no squeezey teabag’ rule.

‘Squeals on Wheels’ was pushed around the office to meet his colleagues and adoring fans and took some time out to sign a few autographs with his executive crayon. He then spent the remainder of his visit bashing the Editor’s keyboard, making phonecalls to the emergency services and throwing his rice crackers at Chris. He then did something he’d not done before. He stood unaided. Yes, Meerkat, I know Poff did this twelve months ago but my little ‘stander upper’ is not one to be hurried or cave into peer pressure. Chris did look slightly shocked at my excitement as his daughter’s a similar age and, from his surprised expression, had obviously achieved this milestone a while back too.

Afterwards, we trotted off to meet Glam-Nan and Sister who were enjoying their weekly cappucino with extra chocolate sprinkles. Glam-Nan is on another ‘value’ mission. When she came round my house yesterday, she was instantly aware that something was different. It only took her a matter of moments to determine that a new brand of toilet roll had been introduced at Chez Chickie. As she appeared before me, sheet in hand, she expressed concern that the individual sheets appeared smaller than that of the average toilet roll. I explained that, being normal, I hadn’t noticed and, shockingly, didn’t actually care. If it’s soft on my bott, I’m a happy girl.

I’d hoped the toilet roll debate had ended but, no, it continued today after she assessed the toilet roll sheets at her house last night and declared them a similar size. Reassured by this, she now felt the toilet roll at my house could be a potential contender for entry at her own as the quilting was so delightfully fluffy. She’s coming round tonight for dinner so I’m sure further findings will be reported between courses.

No comments: