31 December 2006

Chickie’s Got a Brand New Bag

I went to sleep to Accountant’s projected lunar display for the second night running and tolerated another silhouette show. The earless dog now barks, growls and, my personal favourite, yawns. A talking whale was practiced and proclaimed good enough to be added to the repertoire.

As Accountant has been very helpful around the house whilst being off work, I organised a little treat for him this morning. A handpicked drain hair garnish on top of his shower gel. x

Chickie is now belatedly walking with assistance, so we thought we’d take him to get some proper ‘big boy’ shoes. He measured in at a 4½ F. Unfortunately, the ‘trainer’ shoes selection were all wrong for Chickie’s ultra smooth style so he left empty footed.

Chickie has changed this week. We’ve all noticed. He’s started doing comedy routines with funny faces, odd mannerisms and deliberately coughing and laughing to get attention. He's like a less sophisticated performing chimp. I’m ignoring it for now and hoping it goes away.

Another thing I’m hoping goes away, pronto, is his regression to blowing raspberries with a mouth full of food. This first started about six months ago and lasted ages. It was a hectic three months for the washing machine, with everything, including myself, getting sprayed thrice daily.

I didn’t much care for this phase of Chickie’s development so was dismayed to be wiping myself down after receiving a shepherd’s pie shower in the café this lunchtime. As I was in public, I couldn’t go as mental as I would usually have liked so smiled through gritted teeth. He did it again at dinner time but just laughed at my attempts to explain that it came under the heading of unacceptable behaviour.

Chickie was recognised today by the waiter in the café who came over to say hello to him and gave him a chocolate flake. It’s not because he’s been in the paper but because he’s apparently a regular. It seems to be where Glam-Nan and Snowy retreat to when they're babysitting.

We bought a bigger sleeping bag for Chickie today as vacuum packing him into his 6-12 months ones was becoming difficult.

The heavens opened on our way home so Chickie took his first bus ride as we leapt on the first one available. My drenching left me looking like Alice Cooper with mascara smeared all down my cheeks.

After stuffing my face full of Toblerone Truffle Peaks this evening, I was intrigued to know the calorific damage. 850 kcal was a little more than I’d anticipated.

No comments: