10 March 2007

Watch It Shorty

My precious, unsuspecting little Chickie learnt one of life’s harder lessons today. Children are mean. It took all the restraint I could muster not to push the tiny thug that had just repeatedly mushed his hand into my little boy’s beautiful face, to the floor and sit on him until he rued the day he messed with my baby. As I was the adult and he only came up to my knees, I was forced to settle with a ‘sorry’ from his minimally remorseful mother.

We had popped over to Brighton to see what was hip and happening at the playground and, instead of coming away with inspirational style ideas for Chickie’s Spring wardrobe, I walked away with a heavy heart and battered baby.

Whilst I contemplated the viability of hiring a 24hr Chick Surveillance and Protection Unit, I looked on in horror as Chickie proudly showed Mummy and Daddy the new trick he’d just learnt. Pulling back his hand like a catapult, he pinged it around a much larger boy’s face. Unperturbed, the boy very sweetly turned the other cheek and spent the rest of his morning stalking Chickie. That’s his face poking through the hole - scary!? My faith in children semi-restored, I left vowing to blame all future acts of violence on Thug Tot.

The rest of the day was spent reorganising my Tupperware Collection.

No comments: