19 March 2007

Glam-Nan's Midnight Feast

If nothing else, Glam-Nan’s lively rendition of ‘Jesus is the Lord of the Way I Feel’ had stunned Chickie into momentarily forgetting he was a sizzling three degrees hotter than his usual 35.6. Stripped back to his undies and forcefully resisting all efforts to mop his brow, it was a case of waiting for The Lord or 10ml of Calpol to do something. The debate continues as to which came through for Chickie but half an hour after a dose of each, Chickie had perked up.

Sister was waiting at the café, happily passing the time with her fruit scone companion when we arrived. I gave her my new book to read, ‘Hatched – The Big Push from Pregnancy to Motherhood’ by Sloane Tanen, which had arrived this morning. The reality of motherhood hysterically depicted by some fluffy chicks (coincidentally). It's brilliant.

Later that morning, Glam-Nan bought Chickie some Chocolate Chickies in readiness for Easter. By 10pm that evening, the Chocolate Chickies were working their way through Glam-Nan’s digestive system. How could you Glam-Nan? How could you?

With Mother’s Day looming, I had decided not to remind Accountant. I did have a few gift ideas (soundproofing for Chickie’s room, impenetrable ear plugs, a full-time nanny) but had finally accepted whatever I received would likely be wildlife related irrespective of my reiterated disinterest.

When Sunday morning arrived, hopes were set to ‘less than low’. That’s why, what Accountant delivered, was an unexpected delight. A two course lunch at a posh hotel! Admittedly, Accountant had help but, nevertheless, it was an excellent idea to accept it. The whole affair reeked of Craddicus, Super Husband to Simmie Six-Pack, who I'm hoping to retain as ‘Gift Consultant to Accountant’ on a permanent basis.

The rest of the weekend was spent undertaking Phase One of “Operation Alfresco Chickie”. Six hours of vigorous weeding and squealing at every wormy encounter later and I cast my eye over the teeny weeny patch I’d cleared. Whilst it looked great, completion has been moved to Summer 2010.

No comments: