14 February 2007

Nothing Says I Love You Like...

It was Chickie’s second visit to his playgroup this morning. It would seem last week’s confident smiley entrance was an introductory special. As I unpeeled him from my leg like a wax strip, he screamed in outrage, arching his back for dramatic emphasis. It took a malted milk biscuit to detach us.

Snowy and Glam-Nan came round in the afternoon to take Chickie to the café. Snowy looked radiant, with rosy cheeks and an extra luminous mane. His secret - free Sky and a new tv.

If Snowy were single, I’m confident his life would consist of 70% television watching and 30% golf. Unfortunately for him, Glam-Nan regulates both. However, Sky have given him a free trial of all channels for a month and Glam-Nan has finally agreed to an extra telly in the conservatory. He’s never looked happier. Snowy has taken his newly authorised purchase very seriously and I enjoyed an acronym filled hour listening to the benefits that lcd, dvr and hdtv can offer the shrewd consumer.

On a technical note, I, being a loving, wonderful wife, purchased my husband the perfect present for Valentines. Following his obsession with the iTunes website, I figured an iPod Shuffler would be a sophisticated addition to his ear plug collection. I was right. He went to bed with it clipped onto his boxer shorts.

When he returned home this evening, iPod now clipped to trousers, I wondered what my Valentine’s Surprise would be. I was hoping something sparkly surrounded by platinum or perhaps a spa day.

You’d think after seven years of dodgy presents including the infamous dog coasters, dog breeding book and wooden box with duck and fishing rod on top to name but a few, I would have learnt to keep my hopes low. It’s because I’m an optimist and always believe I’m just one present away from perfection.

Well, not this present. As Accountant handed me all 752 pages of the Baby Animals Cube Book, I thought it must be one of those trick books with a cut out inside and my real sparkley precious metal/stone present would be nestled within. There were no sparkleys inside, just a photo of a zebra licking it’s baby’s bottom.

No comments: