29 January 2007

The Snow Song

Grandma and Grandpa came down today to dote on Chickie and provide the level of undivided attention he feels he deserves from me everyday. He has had no time to whinge or cry as the adoration and entertainment came thick and fast. “See Mummy, I’m a little angel when you treat me right".

Accountant’s mother thinks that her little boy has been getting a raw deal on the blog. More importantly though, she let slip about Accountant’s special ‘Winter Song’ that he wrote out of snow fuelled excitement, aged 8. It goes a little something like this:

I look out my window
I see some snow
I look out the window
And hark the wind blows
When there’s snow on the ground
Don’t even pay a pound
So let’s get together
In this stormy weather

Instrumental


To help with the imagery, remember he wore a red bow tie and had a comb over.

As she chatted about getting Chickie toughened up to deal with this horrible world, I felt the odds might be stacked against me if he was going to be writing girlie songs about the weather and using words like ‘hark’ when his peers were outdoors rolling giant snowballs to pelt him with.

To keep his mummy happy, I would like to add that Accountant is dextrous with a calculator, is in touch with his sensitive side (as the song clearly demonstrates), is a wonderful husband and father and I love him lots, even more so because he tucks his lips in, loves his wind-up torch and is a lyrical genius. xxx

No comments: