09 January 2007

Pea Ping Pong, Pea Marbles, Pea Dodge Ball.........

As Chickie made the most of being left alone with a bowl of peas, I was forced to reappraise our relationship. I thought he would respect this gesture of trust but, as I returned to a highchair that looked like Kermit had met a grizzly end on it’s tray, I realised I’d misjudged this one.

He was having a great time, practising his over-arm and playing spittoon. I went to the happy place in my head as mini green missiles whizzed past my face. I muttered, “No Sweetheart, mummy doesn’t like that behaviour” which was all the discipline I could muster. Chickie cared not and had already moved onto a game of pea marbles.

Earlier in the day, Chickie had spent a fun afternoon playing with his friends. Catching up with the girlies was lovely after a week of solitary confinement as we fell into the easy patter of discussing bowel movements, developmental milestones and the latest viruses.

No comments: