16 January 2007

Don’t Step on my New Red Shoes

As I looked up at my mum with my spotty, teary eyed little face, she assured me that it was just a phase. As I peer in the mirror 17 years later, I still have enough pimples to keep me amused for a month. To be fair, she couldn’t have predicted her freak of a daughter would still have teenage acne aged 30 but what did she expect when she chose big pored Snowy as a life companion to her oily skin?

Chickie was also not looking his best as an accident in the café had left him with a big red line down the side of his face. Unfortunately, it was too late to rearrange the appointment with the photographer from the paper.

After the Munster family photoshoot, I actually did some ironing. The pile was thigh high and I’d run out of ideas to bribe Accountant into doing it. It was, however, quite nice to be reacquainted with clothes I’d forgotten existed.

I wore one of my new discoveries when I went out with LucyWucy and The Poff later in the afternoon to try and get Chickie some new shoes. I must have invested ten hours of my “tv watching time” into finding him a pair. I never anticipated it being so hard.

The crux of the problem was that all anyone could offer my super chic and stylish baby, whose individual colour preferences include autumnal colours only, were bright, primary blue coloured shoes.

Our long and boring journey trawling around every child’s shoe shop in West Sussex, finally ended today and Chickie got his very first pair of proper shoes. The little baby sized shoe box is even cuter than his new 'cruisers'.

Chick really enjoyed antagonising Poff as they shared a double buggy together and she had no escape. Poke Poffy, Poffy angry, Poffy slap Chickie, Poke Poffy, Poffy angry… What fun.

No comments: