05 December 2006

A "Normal" Day at the Office

In a rare, “Annabel Karmel” style moment, I found myself making a home-made vegetable puree for Chickie. I thought I was being rather clever when I used it as a spread on his sandwiches today.

“Err, what the hell is that?– look at his sandwiches – what are they - poo?”. You would be forgiven for thinking I was in a school playground but, no, these were the comments from my fully-grown ex-work mates who we had visited for lunch today. Everyone came over to have a sniff and poke of the freaky sandwich and took it in turns to “guess the filling”.

Chickie chomped his ‘poo’ butties quite merrily, oblivious to the controversy. He’s in favour at the moment as he’s started putting new foods in his mouth rather than throwing them at my head.

Chickie played happily with the hard-drives on the floor and took time out of his day to send a “miss you” fax to Poff. His favourite bit was being chased round the desks by Dynapoo and Lou Lou. Just a warning, don’t be tempted to do this in your own workplace as I know that normal people in normal offices don’t like this kind of thing – I’ve previously heard managers refer to it in disciplinary hearings as “completely unprofessional”.

Since writing, Chickie is now officially out of favour again after refusing to eat his fish in cheese sauce that I made. When presented to him, he went from 0 to screaming in a “my mummy is trying to poison me, help, someone HELP” kind of way in five seconds. He then stuck his tongue out with the food on it, mushed his hand into it and then rubbed it all over his face. A bath followed.

Chickie learnt to say banana today except he prounounced it “Narna”.

No comments: