19 December 2006

Dented and Demented

Today presented me with a dribbling Glam-Nan, a patched Meerkat and Snowy with cartoon birdies flying in a circular formation around his head.

Glam-Nan had been to the dentist and was the first of the afflicted to arrive. She sat on the sofa performing face contorting lip stretches whilst softly showering my rug with saliva as she attempted to say, “I’z hope I’ms not’sch going to’sch ssstay like’sch this’ch permanently’sch”. I gave her a little bowl to collect the slobber and put Chickie away in case his new look ‘less than Glam-Nan’ gave him night terrors.

Next up was Snowy swaying in the doorway clutching his head looking decidedly woozy. When faced with a potential medical crisis, I did what all normal people do, and cried. It transpired that Snowy had walked into a ladder on the roof of a car. As I’ve spent my whole life avoiding the absorption of any medical techniques, I adopted the “cuddle him better” approach whilst monitoring his every breath through my tears.

Dazed and Drooley looked after Chickie whilst LucyWucy and I went to the cinema. LW explained that The Meerkat had also been in the wars and after repeated eye swelling episodes during the course of the day had eventually gone to the vet who had provided a fetching eye patch for him to wear. Unfortunately, I don’t have an actual photo so have done a little editing to give the effect.

Whilst watching the trailer for “The Museum at Night”, I made the interesting discovery that LucyWucy has a taxidermy phobia as she tried to play down her mini freak out at the creatures coming alive in the museum. I reassured my now “strange” friend that it wasn’t real but must admit am really looking forward to some “Lucy’s House at Night” practical jokes featuring a stuffed Meerkat.

The film was good and, as always, saw me float home in a fluffy bubble of romantic delusion expecting Accountant to have morphed into Jude Law by the time I arrived home. That bubble has now popped as he bends before me now, in just his pants, scavenging chocolates off the floor.

Chickie said "ball" today and his favourite new tricks are climbing the stairs at speed and turning on the stereo to play some funky tunes and have a little bop. He also enjoyed Glam-Nan's Granster Rapping session which included his favourite "Whose my little baby boy, whose my little pride and joy" - repeat to fade. He was really pleased to see me when I got home and did his special leg and arm flap that he does when he's excited. Love him. x

No comments: