29 November 2006

Lucy-Wucy, What Have You Done?

I had the whole blog for today planned and then at 18:18 an email arrived from LucyWucy. She’s done something unspeakable. It literally took my breath away when I read it. Her email started, “can you confirm that you are not going to kill me for this ????!!!!!!” That wasn’t a comforting introduction. I scrolled down a little further, and that’s when I saw it, “Thank you so much for your interest in taking part in the next series of Trinny and Susannah Undress…”

Oh, Dear Lord above, have mercy on my flabby little body that has been offered up by one of my closest friends to appear naked on national television for the whole country to laugh at.

To counter the sad news that LucyWucy will no longer be featuring in this blog, I have some good news. A major breakthrough has occurred today. I almost don’t want to write it down for fear it may jinx it.

The Chick has started drinking. Fret not, Social Services, he’s not sat in his ballpit sipping a Stella. I’m talking smoothies. Before today, he’s never really drunk more than 1fl oz a day of anything other than formula milk and the whiff of his morning nappies was telling me that it wasn’t a good thing.

It all started when I bought a new cup with straw device yesterday. This, coupled with Apple and Blackberry fruit smoothie, seems to have sent Chick into a straw-sucking frenzie. It’s a miracle. I’d like to thank Tommee Tippee and the Innocent Drinks Range – I love you both. My nostrils await the sweet scent of winter berries in Chickie’s overnight offering tomorrow morning.

Vicster S and her two lovely girlies came round this afternoon. Vicster S is the one who makes the cakes. I thoroughly recommend friends who bake. If you haven’t got one, you should pop out and get one next time you’re out. Every time she appears on my doorstep, she’s clutching something highly calorific and completely scrumdiddlyumcious. I’ve never hidden behind my front door pretending to be out when Vicster comes round.

To my other non-baking friends, naturally, I have never done this to you either! That’s not to say that, if you brought baked goods, the door wouldn’t open that little bit quicker. For information, I really love chocolate rice krispie cakes made with Mars Bars x

Today’s treat was banana and caramel cupcakes. MMMMmmmm. To show my appreciation, I gave the girls a party bag each on their way out. They trotted off with big smiles on their faces, clutching a dirty nappy bag each.

No comments: