23 November 2006

Celebrity Chickie

Nothing says “Welcome to My Home” better than the sweet, putrid aroma of four dirty nappy bags on your doormat. I think it represents our household quite well. I did, however, dispose of them for the photographer who was coming round today to take our photo. Yes, it’s true, we are teetering on the brink of international stardom. Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration but this very blog (or “pod” as Glam-Nan calls it) is, rather surreally, going to be promoted by the local newspaper. I didn’t really see the need for the photographer as I already had so many lovely photos of myself available but apparently, these weren’t quite the look they were going for. I'm wearing my chin implant in the second photo and you'd never even know! I'm wearing my chicken fillets in the first and, unfortunately, you wouldn't know it either.

After that, I took Chickie out for a spin in his mobile throne and went promenading down the very windy seafront up to Macari’s (Glam-Nan calls it “Mascaras”). Another mum walked past me pushing her baby and I thought it sad how few of us acknowledge each other, especially fellow mums. We suffer the same torments and yet can’t raise our eyes from the ground to give a glance of sympathy to each other. May be that’s because half of us are so depressed. Well not me, not today. I had a spring in my step and a grin on my face because Sweet Chickie was back in town.

I gave the old boy walking towards me a big smile. Gramps responded by speaking to me. I instantly regretted the whole smiley thing and thought, as usual, I had managed to encourage interaction with the local nutter. I’m pleased to say though that, on this occasion, I was wrong. He was a nice man, on the run from a shopping trip with his wife.

The horrible weather and earache I developed during my walk made me wonder if Ear Muffs were really that bad. It also reminded me of an amusing conversation with my sister the other day where she had described herself as an “Outdoor Girl”. I kept a straight face whilst I asked my Very-Indoor-Sister how she’d reached this conclusion. She explained, straight faced herself, how she walked the dog everyday and watched the boys play sports every weekend but she didn’t like it in the winter because her hands got cold. Now that’s a woman at one with the elements!

Chickie said "Bub Bye" today. Well, actually, it was "Bab Baa" but I knew what he meant.

No comments: