17 November 2006

Calpol - I LOVE YOU x

This morning started with a lip injury. The Chick nutted me one. This was followed by a nose wound, also administered by Chickie. He's not on top form today so is being Calpol'd at regular intervals to stabilise his mood. Without Calpol = screaming and violent, with Calpol = smiley and sweet.

Glam-Nan, Sister, The Chick and I were blown to the cafe this morning by Hurricane Hilda. Glam-Nan still managed to look impeccable despite the gale force winds. I didn't.

Sister commented on my pushing Chickie into the curb the other day whilst playing Peekaboo through the Jack-Flap. She made me feel slightly better by telling me how she had caused a 4 car pile up whilst coo-ing at her second born when he was a baby.

Sister and Brother-in-Law are coming round for din dins tonight. I'm hoping to cook a roastie, Chickie willing.

Talking of food, look what my friend Vicky made for Children in Need (not previous Vicster (T), this is Vicster (S)!) She's a culinary star and makes the yummiest things. She's also the reason that Chickie was the weight of a 3 year old when he was born. I've always had a sweet tooth and had a real thing for strawberries when I was pregnant. Vic makes delicious meringues with chocolate-dipped strawberries and rice krispie cakes, caramel slices - all that sort of stuff. Unfortunately, being a kind soul, she would comply with my constant demands for more. Had I known then what I know now about giving birth to a 10lb 1.5oz baby, I would have wired my jaw shut.

I made a discovery today. An Accountant based discovery. I don't know what he was thinking when he replaced the gift from my mother that I keep on top of the guest wardrobe with darts (yes, darts) but did he really think that the woman who follows him around all weekend with a duster and hoover muttering "A Place for Everything and Everything in it's Place" wasn't going to notice?



Spot the Difference.




Stain of the Day: Big splat of Cheesy Veggie Bake mixed with Egg Custard on Dining Room rug. Carrots are mushed right in there.

No comments: