26 November 2006

Are My Eyelids Supposed To Be Burning?

You won’t believe this, but I've enjoyed another day of freedom. Yes, for those green-eyed mummies amongst you who are counting, that's 3 days in a row. Accountant took Chickie to his parents.

I went to a Craft Fair in Brighton with LucyWucy. It felt slightly strange to be carrying a handbag during daylight hours as opposed to lugging my usual "Santa" style sack of nappies, baby wipes, spare clothes, food, drink, blanket, dummy, toys etc... Ho Ho Ho.

There were lots of nice things to see but my favourite was the woman in the black lycra cat suit with orange stripes down each side but, alas, it wasn’t for sale. I bet my sister would have loved it. It looked very, very snug. We also saw some rather lovely paper mache meerkats and, I wanted to buy one for our beloved pet Meerkat (see picture below right) so he could have a little friend to play with. Unfortunately, the glorified lumps of painted paper and glue were priced at £35 so he'll remain lonely this Christmas.

I then got a make-over in the Body Shop. I didn’t mean to but I made the mistake of asking the Sales girl a question. Next thing I knew, I was perched on a stool being coloured in. When my eyelids started burning, I asked the girl if that was normal. That sent her into a mild panic but then the burning eased so she relaxed. I then explained that mascara might be difficult as my eyelashes were going through one of their falling out phases, which they’ve done on and off for years now. This really weirded her out. I was off the stool quicker than you could say, “What do you mean your eyelashes are falling out, you freak?”

Dressed the Poff up in a black curly wig and my day was complete.

No comments: