20 June 2007

Tubby Tum Tums

Everyone knows children can be embarrassing. As always, I was caught unawares, expecting the embarrassment to coincide with speech. Not so. Whilst I was battling my way to the bargains through the hardcore shoppers at the 'reduced to clear' refrigerator, Chickie was sat in the trolley, amusing himself with his little car.

Or so I thought.When I came up for air, Chickie wasn’t playing with his car at all. I could tell from his quizzical expression and poised finger what he was about to do but couldn’t get out of the scrum in time to stop him. Hoping the portly gentleman whose stomach Chickie’s finger was now burrowing into had a sense of humour about his fuller figure, I apologised on behalf of my son. It would seem not as he glared at me as if I’d poked him myself and stropped off without a word.

No comments: