03 April 2007

Three Men and A Knackered Lady

I do so love it when my nephews come to stay. The tv now has ‘C46TN’ permanently displayed centre screen and my Tiffany lamp almost became shrapnel thanks to an illegal game of indoor football. Swift denials were issued following intense questioning about the new subtitling, but the boys remained cool and steadfast under interrogation. “I/he just pressed the volume button”. Hmmmm. I smelt a ‘television tampering, professionally covered up’ rat but could do little without hooking Gloops up to a lie detector. Sister, don’t read this and feel bad. I bought you a Chocolate Orange yesterday and I can confirm it tastes really, really nice, especially when dunked into this hot cup of tea. MMMMmmmmm.

Catastrophes aside, Chickie was excited to have ‘The Terrible Two’ live in his living room and wobbled around after them on his underused legs. Since his recent download, Chickie has been utterly adorable and Post-Poops and Gloops as a couple, even more so. Gloops adores Chickie and Chickie adores Gloops. Watching them adore each other made me come over all Waltons and momentarily forget the horrors of childbirth, nightwakings, poop backlogs and mealtime hell. The sound of my favourite lamp crashing to the floor was just the reality check I needed.

No comments: