23 February 2007

An Accountant, A Hypochondriac, a Baby Called Chickie and an iPod called Shuffles

Since Sainsbury’s started stamping their ‘Wheel of Health’ all over their food, it has been highlighted to me, in red, that most of the food I’ve been buying is high in sugar and fat. An artery clogging combination. My weekend breakfast waffle no longer tastes as sweet since it’s little pie chart chaperone began chastising me from the packaging. Their ‘Wheel of Doom’ would be better placed somewhere ignorable so people can enjoy their sugary weekend treats in un-quantifiable ignorance.

After eating a shepherd’s pie last night that, until yesterday, I didn’t realise was riddled with saturated fat, I decided I’d better be good at the café this morning. The nephews were in tow and soon led Chickie astray. He was included in the ‘If you can’t be good, we’re leaving’ warning, issued by a very stressed Sister at 11.30am. Three male ‘not bovered’ faces smirked back before bursting into a rendition of the “We love Bananas” song. Chickie has his own little version which is quite brilliant. He’s also added; home, good boy and doodles to his vocab and points to windows, doors, lights, his head and his mouth.

Now that ‘Shuffles’ the iPod is deemed family after totting up more quality time with Accountant than his wife and child, I have added him to the Blog Cast. In honour of his inclusion, I have written a little rhyme to mark the occasion.

Accountant had a little pod
He loved it more than snow (please refer to Snow Song dated 29 Jan)
And everywhere Accountant went
The pod was sure to go

No comments: