07 January 2007

Chickie's New Wheels

I felt crawling out of bed at 11.30am was an excellent accomplishment. Usually, the first thing I do is clean my teeth as I’m not the kind of person who can afford not to.

Unfortunately for Chickie, I didn’t have the chance to chisel the fungus from my tongue before he plopped onto the bed next to me this morning. He lay there, drifting in and out of consciousness as the toxic fumes worked their magic. Small tears escaped from the corner of his eyes as I sang him a “dead rat” scented lullaby. He let his feelings be known about mummy’s dental hygiene by punching me in the mouth.

Next we were off to town to “Pimp Chickie’s Ride”. He watched it the night before on MTV and wanted his Mamas and Papas Retro Pramette transformed into a lean mean cruising machine. Specifically; alloys, spoiler and some hot flames transfers.

Unfortunately, Mothercare were all out. A despondent Chickie was pushed away in his ‘so last season’ wheels which were actually broken and the real reason we were shopping for a new one. A new go faster version was selected amidst the mania that is Argos in the January Sales. We put it together in the shop. I say ‘we’ but when I looked up after assembling the entire pushchair, Accountant was still trying to clip on the cup holder. Excellent contribution sweetheart x

Accountant spent the walk home droning on about what an important weekend it was for football and quizzing me as to why? I took the opportunity to allow my mind to wander to how wonderful it was to have a new pushchair full of possibilities. It’s lighter, leaner and the wheels go where I point them. I’m taking it into Woolworths tomorrow – bring on the chicanes!!!

No comments: