24 January 2007

Busted

Sister had been harbouring two secrets. I knew about them, Accountant knew, Eldest Nephew knew. Brother-in-Law didn’t.

Sister was saving them for a time when his craving for nicotine had subsided sufficiently that he could be told about two costly hits to the joint bank account without the very real danger of his head exploding.

Unfortunately for Sister, Brother-in-Law reviewed the account ahead of schedule so discovered her shopping spree to Aladdin’s Lighting Cave. As she watched the big vein in his head bulge menacingly, she pondered whether it was the best time to also mention she’d scratched my car whilst borrowing it and an expensive repair bill was heading his way.

This morning, Chick, Poff and Sydders went to The Flying Fortress for more music and mayhem. I managed to injure myself on one of the baby slides by trying to climb back up the slide the wrong way to collect Chickie. He just laughed at me as he watched me slide all the way back down just as I’d reached the top. I also managed to hurt my foot on my speedy undignified descent but was too embarrassed to let on so just sat biting my lip in a big fat heap at the bottom.

On our return home, Meerkat rang and said that ITV had called back regarding LucyWucy’s email to Trinny and Susannah. I looked at Wuce, Wuce looked at me. Oh Sweet Lord, I thought that had gone away. On calling back, the researcher requested full length photos of us to assess our ‘body shapes’. I thought my verbal description was clear enough – oversized bottom, saggy man boobs, pot belly, stumpy legs. Voila. Surely that should qualify me for professional help. Requesting a photo was just mean.

Chickie Vocabulary Update: he said ‘Mummy’ properly for the first time today!

No comments: