08 November 2006

A Chick, Some Fluff and A Chimp

8 November 2006

Injection Day for Chick! I looked into his beautiful little face, smiling back at me feeling the guilt that all mothers feel when they’re unable to stop the inevitable unpleasantness that lies in wait.

He cried briefly then all was well. He chilled out with the other perforated babies in the waiting area afterwards to ensure that, should he swell to twice his normal size, medical assistance to deflate him was readily available.

Chimp came round in the afternoon. Chimp is an old friend of mine and I have many stories to tell about him but will save those for another day. He’s particularly hairy and unhygienic so the name fits! We chilled out drinking tea and watched Countdown whilst deciding what he should do with the rest of his life, and what I should do with mine. He came off better as I researched all his options and he scurried off later that afternoon with an action plan and objectives for the rest of the year.

I did something fairly virtuous today. I ate some humble pie. I’d fallen out of contact with an old friend following the birth of the Chick. I decided today, following an encounter at the doctors, that life was too short and I should offer the proverbial olive branch. I did, and she accepted, so that’s progress.

Chickie's reign of culinary terror continued at teatime. Everything was objectionable, even his favourite rice crackers. He spotted that they looked different. I’d put jam on them. The jam apparently rendered the cracker inedible and strops followed! The rice crackers can now be found, stuck jam-side down, on my lounge rug if there are any babies out there interested? Fig jam as well (in a bid to keep him regular!!)

Other interesting points for 8 November, the accountant has choked again! He has a long, colourful history of choking as he eats like a pig at a trough. This is due to his shoving the maximum amount of food possible into his mouth. Predictably, he chokes regularly, some more near death than others. I’m tired of trying to instil some manners and, at the end of the day, he’s insured.

No comments: